There is a place and a time when we met our first Marvel's comic.Fantasy never dies.

There is a place and a time when we met our first Marvel's comic.Fantasy  never dies.

giovedì 7 dicembre 2023

3D printers killed the modeling stars part 3/3 conclusion

 

The answer to this post title assumption is: definitely not.

I started modeling also on some software, it is a matter of time and needs to understand the different available commands, a part this the process is identical to model from scratch.

Luckily there is no need of the internal iron wire support, that was one of the most boring things to do for me... stay tuned, in few months I'm pretty sure I'll print my own designed first model.

In the meantime a suggestion to those who start  resin 3D printing and have in their mind that resin must be washed before curing with expensive machinery and liquids like IPA or similar.

IPA can be find at 10€/l not specific for resin figures, up to 30€/lt for those specifically promoted for 3D printing resins.

No way. It's a hobby not a bloody hobby! 

It is true that the resin not cured starts to collapse on your printed figures if not properly washed away, and this effect produces ugly effects on the printed model.

I tried with commercial products available in the market close my house and they only partially worked.

I did not want to use IPA because that's toxic and highly flameble and difficult to find in the markets a part the cost.

So I used normal Alcol 90° that you probably already have in your house. 

No high costs that is about 6€/lt, no toxicity, no angry wife for strange liquids around the house, you can find it everywhere.

Washed the figure in a little tank for about 20 minutes, and this is the result:


My opinion is that this is more than satisfactory for my needs, no uncured resin left, ready to be painted or customized. It will become a  friendly Advent Heavy Mech.

Compared to the original DAT file that I used to convert into the STL file to go 3D printing, I only changed the position of the legs to make him appear less static.

Next Post is to show you my last work, a Advent Stun Lancer.

Skif.




 


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento